Toddlers21 Months - 3.5 years
Tracey, Frank, Grace and Claudia are excited to welcome you and your child to our Toddler room.
- We provide a safe, loving environment, so the children can build a strong sense of belonging when they are with us.
- Our children learn through play and the shared experiences they have with their teachers and other children.
- Respectful practice is very important to us, and the interests and developmental needs of our children are our priority.
- We want our children to learn to be independent and interdependent learners, and we do this by encouraging them to try things for themselves and to take responsibility for their own learning in dressing, toileting routines and eating.
- We are here to guide and support our children through their learning. We are here for emotional and physical support if and when our children show us they need it. We give our children the time and space to explore and limit the amount of time we spend as teachers interfering with this learning process.
- We encourage our children to use their words when expressing themselves and for those children who are still developing their verbal communication skills, ’baby sign’ is continued on from our Infant room.
- The care and safety of our children underpins everything that we do in the Toddler room.
- We value strong partnerships with parents.
Meet the Teachers
Tracey is the mum of 3 and loves being surrounded by children. She is a respectful and caring teacher. She believes in children being able to learn and develop at their own pace in a fun and nurturing environment. She believes strong and reciprocal relationships between whānau, children and kaiako are at the heart of a child's learning. She enjoys the toddler age group because of their eagerness to learn and their fun and enthusiastic personalities.
Frank has a Diploma in ECE and is passionate about working with children. Frank believes that children's play should be valued and all children are unique and should be allowed to learn at their own pace. He is passionate about science and technology which can offer opportunities for children to enrich their knowledge. Frank is married with one child, and he loves spending time with his family outside of work.
Claudia has a bachelor in Social Science where she majored in Psychology and minored in Human Development, as well as a Graduate Diploma of Teaching in Early Childhood. Claudia loves working with children, but her favourite part about teaching is watching them develop and grow. Working alongside them while their language, gross and fine motor skills, and personalities develop and flourish is fascinating and to be a part of it is even greater.
Grace has a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education. She is passionate about working with young children and being able to extend and encourage their exciting learning journey. She believes in supporting the continual growth in each child in the Centre.
Grace's favourite part about being in the Toddler room, is being able to facilitate
and support the children's learning and development at this fun age.