Toddlers21 Months - 3.5 years
Tracey, Frank, Louise and Grace are excited to welcome you and your child to our Toddler room.
- We provide a safe, loving environment, so the children can build a strong sense of belonging when they are with us.
- Our children learn through play and the shared experiences they have with their teachers and other children.
- Respectful practice is very important to us, and the interests and developmental needs of our children are our priority.
- We want our children to learn to be independent and interdependent learners, and we do this by encouraging them to try things for themselves and to take responsibility for their own learning in dressing, toileting routines and eating.
- We are here to guide and support our children through their learning. We are here for emotional and physical support if and when our children show us they need it. We give our children the time and space to explore and limit the amount of time we spend as teachers interfering with this learning process.
- We encourage our children to use their words when expressing themselves and for those children who are still developing their verbal communication skills, ’baby sign’ is continued on from our Infant room.
- The care and safety of our children underpins everything that we do in the Toddler room.
- We value strong partnerships with parents.
Meet the Teachers
Tracey is the mum of 3 and loves being surrounded by children. She is a respectful and caring teacher. She believes in children being able to learn and develop at their own pace in a fun and nurturing environment. She is respectful in her practice and believes strong and reciprocal relationships between whanau, tamariki and kaiako are at the heart of a child's learning. She enjoys the toddler age group because of their eagerness to learn and their fun and enthusiastic personalities.
Frank has graduated with a Diploma in ECE from New Zealand Tertiary College. Frank has been with us for some time, as he was a student teacher and a reliever with us before he took his permanent teaching role in the Toddlers. Frank believes that children's play should be valued and all children are unique and should be allowed to learn at their own pace. He is passionate about science and technology which can offer opportunities for children to enrich their knowledge. Frank is married with one child, and he loves spending time with his family outside of work.
Louise is married with two gorgeous children. She is a fun and enthusiastic teacher who has been teaching a variety of age groups at Midcity since 2006. Louise is passionate about her teaching role and believes that children should be having fun while being engaged in their play. She knows that when children are happy and have a strong sense of belonging, they will thrive in our learning environment.
Grace is currently completing her third year at Wintec, studying a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
She is passionate about working with young children and being able to extend and encourage their exciting learning journey. She believes in supporting the continual growth in each child in the centre.
Grace's favourite part about being in the Toddler room, is being able to facilitate
and support the children's learning and development at this fun age.